- - Production
- Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA
- Full Time
Welds metal components for prototypes and existing products.
DELIVERABLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provides precise and high-quality output of welded products
- Analyzes plans, drawings, work samples, specifications, and work orders to determine work requirements and sequence of welding assignments.
- Clamps, holds, tack-welds, heat-bends, and/or grind spare parts as necessary to satisfy technical requirements for final product
- Control fitting, burning and welding processes to avoid problems in relation to overheat, distortion, expansion or shrink of spare parts
- Examines finished products and spare parts to ensure specifications are met; identifies errors or defects to be corrected.
2. Safely operates working equipments while performing job duties
- Operating other accessory equipments and performing some tasks necessary for welding metal, such as fusing metal segments, using gas tungsten arc, metal arc, flux-cored arc, plasma arc, and other types of welding arcs;
- Maintains and sets-up welding tools and equipment (i.e. shielded metal arc, gas metal arc)
3. Models company values and behaviors
- Manages individual performance, personal development, and training
- Supports company's and team's initiatives
4. Performs other duties according to business needs
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience & Skills)
- High School or equivalent (i.e. GED), and 3+ yrs of related work experience; or training equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience
- Welding Certification desired.
- Knowledge of welding techniques, (oxygen-acetylene, electric arc, and TIG), tools and equipment.
- Knowledge of applicable codes, Drawings, Etc.
- Able to effectively work individually and as a team
- Able to take initiative and work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Positive attitude and flexibility to adapt to changes and assume new responsibilities
- High level of Integrity, and Professionalism
- Effective communication skills (verbal & written)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Constantly required to stand and/or walk requiring gross and fine motor skills, ability to use both hands and arms in a repetitive manner to reach and/or feel for objects, and employ eye-hand coordination to operate welding and other fabrication tools.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close & color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Frequently required to view detailed drawings and/or reports closely.
- Regularly required to lift and/or move up to 25 lbs; occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to shop elements. (e.g. noise, moving parts and equipment, dust and fumes)
- Requires use of personal protective equipment such as eye, hearing, hand and foot protection (e.g. Safety Glasses, ear phones, work gloves, etc.)
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts