- - Production
- Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA
- Full Time
POSITION SUMMARY (Purpose of Position)
- Perform assembly and mounting of products or sub-assemblies according to Bill of Material (BOM), Bill of Operations (BOO), assembly drawings and/or other work instructions
JOB SPECIFICATION (Qualifications)
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATION / SPECIAL TRAINING:
- High School or equivalent (i.e. GED), or related experience and/or training
- 3+ months of related work experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals)
- Required to read and write English and follow verbal & written instructions
- Ability to work effectively alone and within a team environment
JOB FUNCTIONS (Fundamental job duties)
- Ensure accurate and efficient assembly of fabricated products per work order
- Follow standard operating procedures (SOP's) and job safety requirements
- Final visual and functional inspection of product, as required per instructions
- Identify and isolate any non-conforming product
- Assist with ensuring the safety, cleanliness and maintenance of work area, equipment and entire plant
- Involved in cycle/physical counts, as required
- Cross train in multiple department functions, as needed
- Perform other duties based on business needs
- The following physical demands and work environments characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met or encountered by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The company will provide a reasonable accommodation for a qualified individual with a disability, unless providing such accommodation will present an undue hardship.
- Regularly required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Regularly required to use hand to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and climb or balance
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Regularly required to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds; frequently required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds; occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds or more
- Regularly required to operate computers, telephones and other office/technology equipment, requiring gross and fine motor skills, and to employ eye-hand coordination
- Frequently required to view detailed drawings or reports closely
- Regularly exposed to shop elements (E.g. noise, moving parts and equipment, dust and fumes)
- Noise level is usually moderate to high and moderate to low indoor temperatures or climate controls
- May require use of personal protective equipment such as Safety Glasses with Side Shields and hearing protection.
NOTE: THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE BASED ON BUSINESS NECESSITY.
REPORTS TO: Plant Manager